We now provide craniofacial therapy.
Physical Therapist Katarzyna Niebrzydowska, PT, DPT completed her certification after studying with craniomandibular and craniovertebral specialist Dr. Mariano Rocabado.
Using specialized physical therapy techniques we can treat:
- Painful or non-painful jaw clicking
- Problems with opening or closing of the jaw
- Pain or tightness in the jaw
- Teeth grinding or clenching
- Facial pain, numbness or tingling
- Neck pain
- Sleep apnea
- Sounds in the ears, like ringing and tinnitus
- Unexplained ear aches
We can assist your dentist to achieve a stable occlusion. Many times, unbalanced facial and cervical muscles, and positional joints derangement, may lead to changes in dental occlusion. Talk to your dentist and our therapist to help you decide if you are good candidate for physical therapy treatment prior to cosmetic dentistry.
How physical therapy can help you to alleviate your symptoms?
After a thorough evaluation by our Certified Craniofacial specialist, we will set a treatment plan specific to your condition.
Manual treatment may include:
- release of the tightness, restoration of the proper function and strengthening of the involved facial, jaw and cervical muscles
- restoration of the proper neck and TMJ (jaw joint) biomechanics and function
- stabilization of the jaw joint by regaining proper jaw-disc relation and disc remodeling. It will also help to decrease or eliminate clicking and avoid further joint dysfunction or degeneration
- lowering tongue position and increasing lower airway space for better breathing
Manual treatment might be complemented, as needed with modalities such as laser, ultrasound, electric stimulation and heat or ice.
You will be given a home exercise program.
Call us or talk to your dentist today about your symptoms and ask if you could benefit from physical therapy.
We are confident that with your full engagement and multidisciplinary treatment you will start feel better in no time.